Event Date: 15 January 2021
Event Time: 9am – 5pm
Location: 2 Bukit Merah Central
By Tommy Tan, Associate Trainer, HRmatters21
Fees: S$420.00 (GST will not be applicable) – Skillsfuture approved
Finding the right candidate for a job is a challenging process. The interview process involves more than just finding candidates to interview. Interviewing is an area where interviewers can unknowingly tread dangerously and get themselves and their companies into hot water with inappropriate questions. Even if the questions asked are legal, they must be the right job related questions to accurately and correctly assess the candidate. This workshop looks at the interviewing process from beginning to end. Participants learn to assess the job and determine the skills required to do the job. Then they learn to formulate the best questions and create a rating process to correctly assess the candidates’ qualifications.
All recruitment agency staff, HR professionals, selection panels, line managers, supervisors who are responsible for recruitment and selection of employees.
- Definition of Competencies and understanding competencies, how it is linked to Performance behaviour and Results.
- Differences between traditional interview and behavioural based competencies interview
- T.A.R Approach – a funnel questioning approach to be as effective as mainstream interviewing approach
- How to validate the answer of a potential candidate to obtain authentic reference
By the end of the training the participants will :
Acquire the knowledge of:
- Define competency and describe how it is linked to attitude and impact on performance
- Describe S.T.A.R. Methodology of interviewing and collecting evidences
Acquire the Skill of :
- Identify actions words and the results of a particular job
- Conduct a basic effective Behavioural Based Competency Interview using S.T.A.R. methodology.
TOMMY TAN lives his passion to enable individuals and teams to tap into their flow-zone in workshops. He combines the aspect of deep mind-set shifts (transformation) with practical capability building. TOMMY TAN, is a Human Resources practitioner with a wealth of practical experience in fields of Recruitment and Selection. With regional exposure he has more than 15 years of HR experience in different atmosphere and cultures including the Asia and Europe. Tommy has designed and facilitated training program for in-house needs as well as for external customers. The training he has conducted ranges from management workshop to critical mass training in Singapore and as well as Asia.
Tommy holds a Master of Science Human Resource Management from National University of Ireland, Dublin, Degree of Bachelor of Business from LaTrobe University, Bendigo, Australia, Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management from Singapore Human Resources Institute, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Diploma in Administrative Management, Institute of Administrative Management, UK, Diploma in Public Relations, LCCI Third Level Group Diploma, London Chamber of Commerce and Industry, UK. Advance Certificate in Training and Assessment, Certified Quality Manager (CQM, Singapore), Certified Facilitator from Development Dimension International (DDI, Asia). WSQ Certified Service Professional (CSP) Trainer /Assessor, Adjunct Facilitator for ITE Train-The-Trainer course, Associate Adult Educator for Institute for Adult Learning Singapore.
Click here to register.