Event Date: 31 July 2017
Event Time: 9am – 5pm
Location: 2 Bukit Merah Central
By Chris Choong, Associate Trainer
Fees: S$420.00 (GST will not be applicable) – PIC claimable of up to 40%
The success of an organization depends very much on its human resources. If unsuitable elements are recruited into your organization, productivity and profitability will be affected and you will end-up clearing many problems. You must make sure you attract the right people and retain them in the long run to avoid unnecessary costs.
Interviewing is a common tool for employee selection. This course provides participants with the tools to increase objectivity and standardization of interviews and reduce the high cost of wrong hire. The training focuses on structured interview technique with the greatest support for scientific validity: the Behavior-based Interview or Competency-based Interview and provides participants a head start in developing competence in Interview and Selection.
All recruitment agency staff, HR professionals, selection panels, line managers, supervisors who are responsible for recruitment and selection of employees.
1. The Methodology Approach
- Acquire the understanding of shortcomings of traditional and unstructured interviews
- Understand why behavior-based interviews are preferred to traditional interviews
- Know how to read a person like a book
- Know how to create competency framework for any given position and construct behavior-based questions
- Be able to enhance professional interviewing techniques
- Be able to develop a reliable system of evaluating and selecting the right fit for the position
2. Interview Process
- Welcoming Applicants for an Interview
- Listening & Questioning Techniques
- Designing Questionnaire Checklist
- Types of Questions
- Body Language during Interviews
- Closing Interview Session
- Role Play
3. Post Interview Process
- Recruitment & Selection Methods
- Pitfalls in Selection Process
- Conducting Reference Checks
- Offering the Position
- Placement & Induction
Christopher Choong has over 25 years of extensive experience leading and managing the full spectrum HRM and HRD across diverse industries in banking, publishing, distribution, retail, manufacturing, IT, travel and community services. He holds the MSc (HRM) degree from University of Bradford and BSc (Hons) from University of London. He is a competent toastmaster (CTM) and has conducted extensive training in personal effectiveness and related topics in human resource management and development.
Click here to register.