Event Date: 18 – 19 April 2024
Event Time: 9am – 5pm
Location: Holiday Inn Atrium Singapore, with Buffet lunch (halal) and 2 coffee breaks for both days
By Martin Gabriel, Chairman, HRmatters21 Committee
Fees: S$650.00 (GST will not be applicable)
With the latest amendments from 1 April 2019
Participants will receive “A Guide to The Employment Act & Its Related Legislations (2nd Edition)” book worth S$30.
Line Managers and Supervisors often rely upon their HR Personnel in dealing with staff issues. Hiring and Firing are often seen as tasks to be handled by the HR Department. This workshop aims to equip Line Managers, Supervisors & HR Assistants/Officers to understand the salient features of the Employment Act. Supervisors will be equipped to deal with staff directly reporting to them with regard to Employment Law. How Managers handle termination, dismissal and the application of the terms and conditions spelt out in The Employment Act in correlation with their own company’s policy, will be discussed and explored in this two day workshop.
- Contract for/of Service
- Coverage of Managers & Executives (Amendments introduced from 1 April 2019).
- Termination, Dismissal & Retrenchment
- Right of appeal / Case Study
- Transfer of Employment
- Salary Administration
Part IV of the Employment Act
- • Rest Days
- • Hours of Work (OT payment) (Amendments introduced from 1 April 2019).
- • Annual Leave
- • AWS
- Medical Leave
- Hospitalisation Leave
- Maternity Benefits
- Childcare Leave
- Children Development Co-Savings Act / Marriage & Parenthood Package
- Extended Maternity Benefits
- Childcare Leave
- Infant care Leave
- Extension of the maternity protection to cover the full pregnancy period
- Shared parental leave to allow fathers to share up to 4 weeks of the mother’s maternity leave
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Extension of 2 days childcare leave for each parent with a Singapore citizen child between the ages of 7 and 12, and
- Provision for 12 weeks of Adoption Leave
- Itemised Paysilps – Items to include in payslips
- Key Employment Terms – The 17 points to be included
- Employment Claims Tribunal (new from 1st April 2017)
Martin Gabriel began his career with the Ministry of Manpower as an Inspector enforcing the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act. His 3 years with the Ministry provided Martin with the experience of understanding labour regulations and was an inspiration in his decision to make Human Resources his career after leaving the government service.
With more than 20 years of experience as a HR Practitioner, Martin embarked upon forming a HR community that is the biggest, and most vibrant in Singapore. Martin is presently the Chairman and founder of HRmatters21, an online HR interest group which provides a vibrant forum with HR issues being discussed. As a Senior HR Consultant / Advisor, Martin provides advice & consultancy to numerous companies in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. Martin is also involved in the development of Human Resources in Singapore.
With his vast experience in Human Resources, he has been engaged by many companies to draft or review their HR policies and employment contracts.
Martin’s experience has also expanded into training. To date, over 6,000 HR personnel and Managers from Non-HR functions have attended his training programmes. Martin holds a Bachelor of Commerce with double major from the University of Tasmania and a Diploma in HRM.
Martin can be contacted at the following e-mail: email@example.com
Click here to register.