Event Date: 3 October 2019
Event Time: 9am – 5pm – (Includes lunch, and 2 tea breaks)
Location: AQueen Hotel, Paya Lebar 33 Jalan Afifi, Singapore 409180
By Martin Gabriel, Chairman, HRmatters21 Committee &
Tricia Chiang, Associate Trainer
Fees: S$450.00 (GST will not be applicable) – Skillsfuture Approved
Payroll administration is an important and complex responsibility. Regulations have to be strictly complied with in accordance to the various requirements. Processing payroll isn’t just about mastering the software. Being well versed with the concept of various legislation ensures that monies are correctly paid in accordance to work done. The correct formula applied to the various situations will be covered.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Ensure that statutory obligations on payroll matters would be observed
- Understand – payroll calculation methods and its various formulas
- Differentiate between statutory requirement and benefits
- Being aware of the rights of employers vis-a-vis employees
- Definition of Gross Rate of Pay / Basic Rate of Pay
- Timing of Salary & Overtime payment
- Leave encashment formula / No pay leave formula
- Items to be paid GRP / Basic Pay
- CPF wage types – the standard definitions
- CPF treatment of common pay elements
- The grey area when Ordinary Wages become Additional Wages
- CPF capping formulae and the pit falls of relying completely on software
- Impact of changes to employment terms on CPF capping
- Administering CPF – submission, payments, refund claims
- Salary pro-ration methods
- Common errors overlooked when processing payroll
- Best practices when reviewing payroll
- Ad-hoc tax clearance matters
- A brief overview on year-end tax reporting
Martin Gabriel began his career with the Ministry of Manpower as an Inspector enforcing the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act. His 3 years with the Ministry provided Martin with the experience of understanding labour regulations and was an inspiration in his decision to make Human Resources his career after leaving the government service.
With more than 20 years of experience as a HR Practitioner, Martin embarked upon forming a HR community that is the biggest, and most vibrant in Singapore. Martin is presently the Chairman and founder of HRmatters21, an online HR interest group which provides a vibrant forum with HR issues being discussed. As a Senior HR Consultant / Advisor, Martin provides advice & consultancy to numerous companies in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. Martin is also involved in the development of Human Resources in Singapore.
With his vast experience in Human Resources, he has been engaged by many companies to draft or review their HR policies and employment contracts.
Martin’s experience has also expanded into training. To date, over 6,000 HR personnel and Managers from Non-HR functions have attended his training programmes. Martin holds a Bachelor of Commerce with double major from the University of Tasmania and a Diploma in HRM.
Click here to register.