Event Date: 12 April 2021
Event Time: 2pm – 4pm
Location: Zoom Platform
By Dorothy Tai, Associate Trainer, HRmatters21
Fees: SGD12.00 or RM30.00 (GST will not be applicable)
The submission deadline of Year Assessment 2020 personal income tax for Malaysian Resident is around the corner. This 2-hour workshop will give you a basic idea how you can maximise the personal relief and tax rebates (existing & additional) offered to Malaysian Resident by the Malaysia Government.
1. What you should know about individual tax
2. Malaysian Tax Residence Rules
3. Income Tax Rates – YA2020
4. Basic tax computation for resident individual
5. Personal relief – the mechanism
6. 2020 tax relief (for Malaysian Resident Individuals)
7. 2020 tax rebates (for Malaysian Resident Individuals)
8. Responsibilities for Individual Taxpayers
9. Common issues that can impact you
10. Offences and Penalties
Dorothy Tai hails from Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia and is a Partner to her accounting firm. She has a modest 18 years of experience in Audit & Accounting. She graduated with her ACCA in year 2003, and obtained her FCCA in year 2010. She worked with Ernst & Young for 10 years, the last position she held was Audit Senior Manager. Prior starting her own accounting firm in 2015, she was the Finance Manager of a Japanese Construction company reporting directly to HQ in Japan.
Dorothy has gained her audit, tax and accounting experiences throughout her years as an auditor. She has audited various industries’ accounts, from trading companies to developer accounts. Currently, Dorothy heads the accounting firm that she established in 2015 serving different industries clients, example, restaurant, travel agency, trading company, event management company, etc.
Click here to register.