Event Date: 11 February 2022
Event Time: 9am – 5.00pm
Location: Zoom Platform
K.T. Toh, Associate Trainer
Fees: S$580.00 (GST will not be applicable)
Fees: RM$1,700.00 (for SDN BHD companies based in Malaysia)
On January 1, 2008, a new Labor Contract Law (LCL) came into effect in China, supplementing the 1995 Labor Law. This new piece of legislation is meant primarily to protect the interests of mostly blue-collar workers, but is technically applicable to all types of employment in China, whether Chinese citizens or foreigners.
This 1-day Online seminar is developed in a well-balanced approach which clarifies and shares the Mainland China employment law framework together with practical tips and techniques being deployed to handle New Labour Contract Law effectively. This includes addressing the practical aspects of managing a cross-cultural workforce, and provide with an accurate understanding of critical employment issues in the workplace to consider when setting up and maintaining operations in China. The 1-Day programme will cover LCL that contains 98 articles divided into 8 chapters.
In this online programme, participants will learn about:
- The impact of the China Labour Contract on employment practices with practical application to workplace scenarios.
- Better manage people issues and business operations in China – in the context of the Labour Contract Law.
- Vital aspects of employment law issues in China.
- Social Insurance and Foreign Expatriate Relations Management
- Adapt people management style and approach to accommodate Chinese business culture.
The programme content is as follows:
- An overview of the employment law framework in China – Foreign Business operations perspectives.
- China Labour Contract Law introduction
– What are the new requirements for employers?
– What potential workplace issues can this new labour contract law give rise to?
– Hiring and offering context: employment contracts and service contracts considerations (including key terms and conditions of -employment – duration, probationary periods, salary, sick pay and holidays, notice, termination, confidentiality).
– Supplementary service company employment contracts.
– Employment of expatriates and foreigners: structuring employment contracts, employment arrangements, work and residency permits, individual tax planning.
- Operating for success in a business environment within China
Discussion on common case studies:
- Termination of employment Disciplinary procedures Grounds for dismissal Redundancies and reorganizations Trade Union matters Consultation procedures Dispute resolution: grievances, disciplinary issues and dismissals; Contract or Letter of Offer
Key Elements of the Employee Handbook (China specific):
- Operating Policies and Procedures
- Terms of Employment – Working Hours; Payroll; Probation/Confirmation/Termination; Pre-employment Medical Examination/Placement of Employees due to Medical Conditions; Transfer and Internal Posting
- Salary Management (Adjustment & Overtime)
- Tax Payment
KT Toh’s has an extensive regional HR Leadership and OD Consulting experience of over 30-year (in local and overseas, including in the U.S. and China) within the Corporate level of leading International Corporations. His areas of Consulting practices cover company-wide change management, strategic business integration, OD and project management that delivered future-ready capabilities outcomes.
Recent past key Executive appointments included:-
- HR Certification SHRM Brand Ambassdor, appointed by SHRM-US
- CHRO, local SGX listed company (Asia, SGX-listed)
- Senior Executive Director & Nation-wide HR VP, Conglomerate Group (Hong Kong, China)
- Head of Service Excellence and Change Management, International Bank (Shanghai, Hong Kong) and
- Director – OD & HR Services, Contract Manufacturing (Asia)
KT Toh’s accreditation, membership and certification:
- MBA (Int’l Business, CSU-Sacramento, US)
- (HRM, Leicester, UK)
- BBA(Sales & Marketing, LaTrobe, Australia)
- Post-Grad. Dip. In Digital Business (MIT-Sloan, CBS, US)
- Executive Dip. In Directorship (SMU-SID, Singapore)
- NICF – Certified Information Systems Auditor® (CISA®)
- IHRP-SP (Singapore, an appointed HCDT assessor, HR Technology and Strategic Workforce Planning certified assessor)
- HRCI-HRMP-iSPHR (US)
- 6-Sigma Black-Belt Certified (Transactional Services)
- Registered Management Consultant (IMCS, Singapore-accredited by Enterprise Singapore)
Click here to register.